Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day #3

Day #3 seems to be going a little bit better, I think. I just got back from walking around the building. That may not seem like much, but I work in the Pentagon, so walking around the outside of the building is a little over 3/4 mile. My hunger pangs are a bit better today. My stomach is shrinking, of course, but I think I'm starting to adapt. I'm also planning my meals better, which helps. I'm sticking to the calorie count but trying to include more substance. I'm learning that planning ahead is key. If I stick to the lower calorie items, I can have more of them. Obvious? Yes. But you have to plan. Not something I excel at. I am feeling some cramps in my stomach today - had some last night, too. I'm not sure if it's because of the brussel sprouts that I ate - cabbage does cause gas (sorry if that's TMI). But it may just be a general reaction of my body to this detox I'm putting it through. I ate a lot of shit prior to this diet and I just went cold turkey and started eating lean proteins, fruits, and veggies - and not many of them.

I'm supposed to meet up with an hold hometown friend tonight for "dinner & drinks". I can't do the drinks, and I have to be careful about the dinner. Not quite sure what I'm going to do. I haven't seen her in years and I'd like to see her while she's in town, but I'm so new at this diet that I'm tempted to cancel just so I don't falter. We shall see. For now, I think it's time for my afternoon snack. Half an apple. Yum! Seriously, though. Yum. I really like apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment