Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day #5

The scale this morning only showed that I was down about 1/2 lb since yesterday. I know that, in all actuality, that is quite a lot for one day. But I've been losing about 1 lb a day, so to drop to 1/2 lb was a little discouraging. But at least it's still a loss. I know I'm not a porker. I'm not obese in the medical sense of the term. But I am overweight - in the medical sense of the term. And my clothes don't fit. The clothes I used to wear (my skinny clothes), or the clothes I bought after I put on some weight (my not skinny anymore clothes). So when nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing in your closet really fits you anymore, it's really time to do something about it. I go for my first weekly check-up with the nurse tomorrow. I did want to see more results after the first week. I will have to ask her what I can do to see more results after week #2. Maybe I'm not doing something right? Or maybe it's just my body chemistry. I'm losing weight. So I shouldn't complain about that. And I'm eating healthier. That was one of my big goals with this. As well as exercising some every day - that was another big goal. I'm 32 and horrifically out of shape and unhealthy. So no matter how much weight I lose while on this diet, if I can establish healthy eating habbits and a regular work-out regimen I will be happy. Not ecstatic, mind you. I'll be ecstatic if I can fit back into my skinny clothes when this is all said and done. :) But I'll get there. I have a slew of dresses at my sister's that she's been wearing and pants that my mom's been borrowing that I would love to get back. I invested a lot of time and $$$ into that wardrobe. I think it belongs back in my closet, but without the taunting cries.

So 5 days down. 35 days to go. 5 lbs down. 30 lbs to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment